Thursday 3 December 2009

A research in love that wasn't published

On her last birthday
I gifted her atoms
I had trained to self-assemble
into molecules forming letters
of her tongue-twisting name
every time she had her
amazed gaze fixed at them.
As I watched her ,moved,
savouring a view of my love for her
I was relieved to see my sweetheart
and my equally sweet molecules
finally reaching out to each other
or atleast trying to.

But not long after she begged me
to enjoy the beauty in the
little things in life-
I asked her then to peer through
the eyepiece of my microscope
and as we settled down to
re-examine the universe
our cheeks touched and we smiled
in hope maybe now we would get to
see the world through the same pair of lenses.

But when I felt I made a discovery
I raised my head to find no one and
I was once more alone in my own epiphany.

No comments: