Thursday 2 July 2020

Theatre of Distraction

Considering that I suffer from being hyper-distraction, I truly felt like absolving myself and blaming my neurons for it. What if my neurons were parasites who conspired to make me the way I am: distracted? Sometimes I think of my neurons as weapons that can alter reality. Sometimes I think of them my tired servants who I could pet and comfort. In any case, I feel distanced enough from them to look at the drama of distractions, as if they were actors, and I a spectator.


1. Distractions are like waste plastic lodged in the sea of the brain. They never leave you, they drag you down. They do nothing but eat you from within. Some day I will dredge them up in tons and throw them out.


2.Neurons just love firing themselves much as we like shaking our legs and cracking our knuckles.

3. Neurons do not feel complete without their signals interacting with one source of distraction:the mobile phone. The neurons of the phone want to keep up the resonance with the neurons of the brain.

4.Neurons and synapses: can firing synapses at such high speeds be ever controlled? Can we have free will? Are we not fundamentally distracted by the neuronal traffic from within?

5.Neurons fire and perhaps literally burn like any other forest fire. Raging within. Water needs to splashed on them . I need to go for a bath.

6. Neurons are perhaps moody people. They are meant for great things but are given to mood swings. Maybe they are themselves essentially distracted.

What will happen when the neurons are reined in? Will I be victorious? What will happen? Will I wake up and jump on to the stage to disrupt this drama? Before all of us disappear behind the curtain ?

No comments: