Wednesday 13 January 2010

The Telling of Secrets

You can call me the DarK

Overcoat and Sunglasses

known by what I wear if

people know me at all-but

that which I shall tell you now

I could only dress it up in a sound

,a garble,I have been unable to

afford a good word.

If you come close enough,

you will learn it,I promise I

will mumble into the abyss

that is your ear,tumbling down

it shall go and slide straight

in under the door of the innermost

chamber of your brain ,it

will grow like a cancer

in the body of your life

but it will pass undetected

like all their like should

and the sanctity of it all will

not be lost,never will I

tell you who I am,look at me

what am I other than my lips

moving and my teeth quivering

(a mysterious gurgle,like alien speak)

Now before I leave you to

tiptoe backwards and turn

abruptly to disappear around

the last corner,my eyes are

forewarning you how soon,

in your nightmares,you

will blurt it out,the gruesome

consequences of which shall

spill over onto your waking life

for everything you utter,

you cannot be sure whether

it leaked out of you

you will stop talking,thus,

and even if your eyes make

not much of a noise,you will avert

the stare of the everyday stranger

you will spend your days

pacing up and down your room

you will wish to be heard

you will stand on rooftops

and shout it all out,only to

scare a pair of crows away

you will want to be heard,

you will want to be revealed,

you will have become

the secret.

No comments: