Tuesday 5 January 2010

When the animals speak

While everyone around kept talking

of rumours of an indefinite staring match

between us,I wished I could tell you how

every word we hear is a rumour ,but I

did not,for I was doing all I could to save

this silence between us that held us together

didn't Hegel say that eyes are the window

to the soul,and thus if we stared long enough

at each other,our souls would have begun

to rise from our bodies and unite in bliss,

but then words spilled out of my mouth

, dropped on the floor and spread out

invasively and then the faucets in our

mouths turned on,the words flooded

the space between us,the level rising

till we were looking at each other

like fish look at the observer but it was

not long after that we found ourselves

swimming in this sea of lost voices.

No comments: